Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'] = false; function CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions(&$Role) { $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'); } $Context->AddToDelegate('Role', 'DefineRolePermissions', 'CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions'); ?> Red Skies | Urban Terror | Forum - Aussie Gameserver CTF
Not signed in (Sign In)

News

2012-12-03
4.2.008 released!
2012-12-01
Red Skies t-shirt
2012-10-28
4.2.004 released!
2012-10-12
4.2.003 released!
2012-10-03
4.2.002 released!
2012-07-30
Auth system
2012-05-29
4.2 News
2012-05-14
Member kicked

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorElScorcho 
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2012 edited
      2 points
    Correct! AGS CTF is now a reality. We can't expect the noob horde to transfer their habitual WC'ing immediately but i strongly encourage you all to use it and spread the word wherever possible. Don't be disheartened if it doesn't take off immediately, keep the faith.

My hope is that when the next iterations of urt finally come about we have a good quality, well administered CTF server run exclusively by the AUS/NZ community for the AUS/NZ community.
    I expect it will require that we all make some genuine efforts to populate the server against the trend and, given the chance, sell the motherfucker!!

OJ is currently accepting donations to the cause if you feel compelled:
    http://clan-ex.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=443
    some extra info:
    http://clan-ex.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=793

understand if you don't, there is a view that AGS servers have been poorly/arbitrarily administered in the past, and while i don't see the TS server changing greatly I will personally be strongly advocating a much more noob friendly, tolerant approach to CTF. I also believe the standard has lifted and continues to improve. At the end of the day the TS server is a great place to game and i fully expect the CTF server will be the same.

in my opinion the approach to administration of the TS server is largely accurate, it's not a game type that is conducive to noobs essentially and bs should be dealt with firmly. CTF is a bit different as most of us know, but i wouldn't expect some of the bullshit one has to tolerate in places like WC (or formerly internode) currently to be acceptable. One of the benefits of AGS is the flexibility it gives, eg. noob smoking own base for an entire map = permanent ban. i would expect warning will be given in most cases but it may also be that some admins require CTF education. approach teaching them quietly and with great caution and humility but please do it if you think it's needed. it may seem like all fun and games to be an admin but it really is harder than you think, your ego can take a huge battering especially if you make the wrong call and you have to bounce back and keep trying. it's really fucking embarrassing when someone points out very loudly that you fucked up, so if you even suspect they are being a dick about it it feels pretty good to ban for fun... ok, ENJOY! :tongue:
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuclearAge 
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2012
      0 points
    Sounds good :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSmaKa
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2012
      0 points
    Sounds good. Hmmm self spawn smoke is my pet hate ATM.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwantWit
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2012
      0 points
    Will be hitting that in all my ctf noobiness once holidays begin!