Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'] = false; function CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions(&$Role) { $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'); } $Context->AddToDelegate('Role', 'DefineRolePermissions', 'CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions'); ?> Red Skies | Urban Terror | Forum - Uganda
Not signed in (Sign In)

News

2012-12-03
4.2.008 released!
2012-12-01
Red Skies t-shirt
2012-10-28
4.2.004 released!
2012-10-12
4.2.003 released!
2012-10-03
4.2.002 released!
2012-07-30
Auth system
2012-05-29
4.2 News
2012-05-14
Member kicked

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortuk-tuk
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2011
      2 points
    https://secure.avaaz.org/en/uganda_stop_homophobia_petition/?r=act
    Sign it, it's almost there and there isn't much time.
    If it passes, gays will be executed throughout Uganda starting in 12 hours.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    Signed it, nice one. I had read about the bill but hadn't seen the petition. I wonder how much sway it will have, but at least it is better than nothing

Runamok: hard to tell if you've hit the crazy dancing guy to be fair
    •  
      CommentAuthortuk-tuk
      0 points
    Apparently, it worked before. I can't comprehend what these people think when they decide these laws.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    In this case - as in Africa - it seems to be caused by religion. Catholicism is taken more seriously in those impoverished places than in more Western countries, since when people's lives are absolutely shit the only thing that keeps them going is the thought of an afterlife.
    So you have priests focusing on the 2 parts of the Bible that are anti-gay, instead of the numerous "love everyone" parts, and everyone gives priests total authority because they think that will get them into Heaven and therefore there will be meaning in their endless struggle.
    Obviously that's a big simplification but that is the broad strokes AFAIK, though I admit I know a lot more about African religiosity than Ugandan.

1.   1 point
    Notice how they are so strict on the parts in the Bible that imply that being gay will make you go to hell, but they completely ignore the part where it says "Love God, and love your brother as I have loved you."
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    ChickenPotato:Notice how they are so strict on the parts in the Bible that imply that being gay will make you go to hell, but they completely ignore the part where it says "Love God, and love your brother as I have loved you."
    Well I don't think "imply" is the right word there, since the Bible says explicitly:

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

but I agree with the sentiment of your post; for every hateful thing in the Bible there is a tolerant thing.

•  
      CommentAuthortuk-tuk
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2011 edited
      0 points
    Yep, Leviticus 20:13, that's where that quote is from Sub (in case someone else wanted to look it up).

@Sub, that's the very nature of the Bible, to have both a good and bad example of how to deal with a situation, so that a follower can never be in the wrong.

Firm believer in science here.
  2.   -1 points
    tuk-tuk:Firm believer in science here.

Same, I just think that people shouldn't be so stupid as to kill fags just because the Bible says so.
    •  
      CommentAuthortuk-tuk
      0 points
    Neg voted purely because of the way you disrespect people. Personally, i'm not gay, but a few friends of mine are.
  3.   0 points
    If "gay" and "queer" are both words that seem to be acceptable to say because the use of the words are so widespread, what's the problem with saying "fag", seeing as the use of that is so widespread?

Would be post have been ok if I had have replaced the word fag with gay?

It really doesn't matter, words that were originally offensive words to say eventually become ok once they have been used for long enough.