Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'] = false; function CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions(&$Role) { $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'); } $Context->AddToDelegate('Role', 'DefineRolePermissions', 'CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions'); ?> Red Skies | Urban Terror | Forum - Evolution Caught in the Act
Not signed in (Sign In)

News

2012-12-03
4.2.008 released!
2012-12-01
Red Skies t-shirt
2012-10-28
4.2.004 released!
2012-10-12
4.2.003 released!
2012-10-03
4.2.002 released!
2012-07-30
Auth system
2012-05-29
4.2 News
2012-05-14
Member kicked

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2010
      0 points
    I know I've already posted other articles containing similar proofs of directly observed evolution, and that it's a non-issue for most people, but in countries like the US there are still people who deny that evolution occurs, so here's one more :tongue:

Runamok: hard to tell if you've hit the crazy dancing guy to be fair
    •  
      CommentAuthorb0n3z 
      0 points
    read the book "man, not from the apes" good look at evolution, prving that apes are a by product of MAN'S evolution, not vice versa

Marchic: If a thread doesn't get hijacked it's just not Red Skies... BOOBIES FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuclearAge 
      0 points
    Mmm

i kno a science teacher in our school who dosent to teach evolution

all his students pass the evolution bit from learning what he says is wrong about evolution LOL

Christians O.o
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    Evolutionary history doesn't claim that man came from apes, though. It claims we share a common ancestor, i.e. we evolved from the same source.
    If the title of the book really is that, it seems the author isn't familiar with evolutionary theory.

•  
      CommentAuthorb0n3z 
      0 points
    it was written in the 70's, its quite a good read, the title is just to throw off the stigma

Marchic: If a thread doesn't get hijacked it's just not Red Skies... BOOBIES FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRocket 
      0 points
    It is a common misconception that we evolved from apes/monkey's etc though. I was actually never taught any evolution stuff myself. The little I have learnt is from reading the pretty picture books in primary school, and from articles SubJunk posts =P
    I myself thought that it was fact that we had evolved from apes, until I actually read something SubJunk posted (I think he posted it, might've been something I stumbled on). Long story short, we need to be taught about evolution in school. Not just the crap idea's that we evolved from apes, who evolved from single celled organisms that climbed out of the water, end of story, go to lunch.

SubJunk - Rocket teh ninja
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    b0n3z:it was written in the 70's, its quite a good read, the title is just to throw off the stigma
    Biology and paleontology are rapidly-advancing fields, I don't know if I would recommend 40-year-old findings. Every month there are new fossils found and new ways to gather data on them, for example the methods used to date bones/fossils and extract information from them are much more advanced now than they were 40 years ago.

For example, 40 years ago it was believed that neanderthals and modern humans didn't cross paths, but now that we have the ability to compare genomes we can see very clearly that humans and neanderthals interbred with eachother. We can see that because both Caucasians and Asians have 1-4% neanderthal DNA still, whereas Africans have none.

Do you remember if any parts of the book (or sources of parts of the book) were peer-reviewed, or was it just a guy who wrote a book?

The reason I'm so skeptical about the subject is because evolutionary theory has been accepted in the scientific community for over 100 years (and by the Catholic church for 30 years) and as far as I'm aware there hasn't been even one piece of evidence to suggest it's incorrect, so while I do allow for the possibility that someone in the 70's who was knowledgeable enough to be taken seriously wrote a book that was somehow missed by every other scientist, I don't think it's likely.

I'm more than happy to be proven wrong, that's the nature of science.

•  
      CommentAuthorb0n3z 
      0 points
    lol in this book, it promotes the fact that homos sapiens killed off Neanderthals due to survival of the fittest and such.
    All of his findings were based on evidence of fellow scientists, this book was shunned for the first 10 years of publication, due to its content.
    It goes along with modern palaeontology, it was just one of the first books to put it plainly.
    it also comments on how every piece of fossil evidence seems to instantly produce a new sub species, instead of showing small diversities between individuals.
    he goes about definitive similarities between different fossils, and how these can be explained by simple bone density diseases, environment differences, and past injuries (etc etc).
    It was the first book to be published which shed light on the "little people" a group of over 100 human remains, that were comparatively tiny to an adult, which still had normal human proportions, and all signs of maturity, so they were not "midgets" or children.

Look for the book, you'll understand why i want you to read it.

•  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    Do you remember the author? I'd rather look up his sources and read their conclusions in scientific journals. That way I can skip author's bias and save time. I looked up the book and couldn't find anything, are you sure that title is right?

As for us killing off neanderthals, it probably would have been the other way around if that conflict had occurred. They were much stronger than us, less susceptible to damage and more intelligent than us. It doesn't seem likely our ancestors would have been able to defeat them.

So what is it that you're claiming? Are you claiming that modern humans have always existed?

•  
      CommentAuthorb0n3z 
      0 points
    no no no no, man outlived Neanderthals by out eating, and having a longer life span, and im not saying modern man has been around for ever, far from it. i was stating that there are different subspecies in the evolutionary chain, but most of the fossils are from only a couple of species, not the 20odd that have been named. My favourite quote from the book is "Christianity clams that evolution is fiction, and if it were true, why isn't there an abundance of fossils? The answer is simple. Primitive man wasn't stupid enough to lie in a tar pit, or get stuck in a sandstorm, so fossils are quite hard to come by."
    Eeer, from memory, i think the author was (i no the irony) Lovejoy, or something like that. Lol, i think we are on 2 different wavelengths sometimes, i say one thing, you think im saying another -.-