Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'] = false; function CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions(&$Role) { $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'); } $Context->AddToDelegate('Role', 'DefineRolePermissions', 'CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions'); ?> Red Skies | Urban Terror | Forum - Laptop Advice
Not signed in (Sign In)

News

2012-12-03
4.2.008 released!
2012-12-01
Red Skies t-shirt
2012-10-28
4.2.004 released!
2012-10-12
4.2.003 released!
2012-10-03
4.2.002 released!
2012-07-30
Auth system
2012-05-29
4.2 News
2012-05-14
Member kicked

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNuclearAge 
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2011
      0 points
    For my 18th Birthday in February im getting a laptop as my present,

For this i need to tell my parents exactly what laptop i want because if i dont they will probs buy me a 300 dollar useless thing from harvey norman >.<

I want a laptop that has a decent graphics card so i can play HD movies through it.
    i also want it so it is able to play decent uptodate games (Not talking high spec first person shooters's more like stratagy games like AOE Etc..)

Im a microsoft person, not a mac person.

i trust you guys to give advice on a good manufacterour or models etc :)

as for budget im not sure but i dont think my parents would spash $2k on me so lets aim for less than that. more like $1-1.5k,

advice ive allready been given is to buy direct from manufacterour on the web and never pay for extra software.

Thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorRocket 
      1 point
    I hear RSB computing is quite good.

SubJunk - Rocket teh ninja
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    Lol Rocket :tongue:

I don't know much about laptops since I haven't liked the ones I've owned. They were by Asus so I guess avoid them. I always recommend buying parts separately for PCs but I don't know how easy that is for laptops, never tried it myself.

Runamok: hard to tell if you've hit the crazy dancing guy to be fair
  1.   0 points
    ive got a few for friends from either trade me or specials from dick smith or bond and bond etc... pretty much compare them with other products for specs.. and get the best for cheap as... last one i scored for a friends sister was $900 from dick smith.. end of range and she was tight for money (lol bet u were gonna think i say she was tight and leave it at that haha)... but yea nice machine thou, had to set it up for them because they are the l33t noobs.. :). had a 1gb graphics card in it, 4gb ram, core 2 duo processor.. none of this shared ram for the graphics card shit..

1.5k is a good price to go for... but yea hunt around, dont buy the first one you get :bigsmile:, even www.firstin.co.nz has some really good priced laptops as well.. keep an eye on that too..
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuclearAge 
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2012
      0 points
    Awesome thanks Khao :bigsmile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorElScorcho 
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2012 edited
      0 points
    just got the Metabox W170HR with GT 555M in a $1250 config before x-mas. pretty sick, $ for hardware value is pretty great and the build quality is noice!

http://www.affordablelaptops.com.au/contents/en-us/d395_metabox-clevo-w170hr-laptop-notebook.html

they do a sick 15.6" model with i7 and GTX560M for similar price, $1200-ish, gaming performance would be a lot better:

http://www.affordablelaptops.com.au/contents/en-us/d380_metabox-clevo-p151hm1-laptop-notebook.html

THE place to check laptop gpu performance imao (actual FPS benchmarks down the very bottom are very handy):

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-555M.41933.0.html

oh, i went with these over other options mostly because of the HD screen, build quality and the choice of components available. there were some pretty decent ones in the $7-800 range but screen and build were SHIT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorElScorcho 
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2012
      0 points
    one other thing, the carry case strap broke and i dropped it like a week in. got in touch with metabox and new replacement is on its way, top service.