Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'] = false; function CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions(&$Role) { $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'); } $Context->AddToDelegate('Role', 'DefineRolePermissions', 'CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions'); ?> Red Skies | Urban Terror | Forum - Benefits of Learning Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Not signed in (Sign In)

News

2012-12-03
4.2.008 released!
2012-12-01
Red Skies t-shirt
2012-10-28
4.2.004 released!
2012-10-12
4.2.003 released!
2012-10-03
4.2.002 released!
2012-07-30
Auth system
2012-05-29
4.2 News
2012-05-14
Member kicked

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2011
      0 points
    I'm white belt in jiu jitsu. Like you said belts come slowly in jiu jitsu, usually you spend 2+ years on white belt. There aren't any belts in MMA though (other than jiu jitsu) since wrestling and muay thai don't have belts.

The top belt in jiu jitsu is 10th degree red belt which is reserved permanently for the founders of the art, so the highest anyone can achieve these days is 9th degree red belt but only if they are famous, and the earliest you can get that is age 67. I'm not sure how many people have that one but not many.
    Then the next step down is 8th degree coral belt (which is black and red) which is basically the highest one you will ever see someone have while they are competing. If you see a guy wearing a black and red belt in the gym stay away from them hehe, though I doubt anyone in NZ or Aus has one of those

Runamok: hard to tell if you've hit the crazy dancing guy to be fair
    •  
      CommentAuthorScone 
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2011
      1 point
    You know a fuckload of stuff sub. :shocked:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    If you start training we should make a thread to give eachother tips

•  
      CommentAuthorScone 
      0 points
    Hell yeah man, was checking up on the FightShop and they do MMA, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, Boxing, and Freestyle Karate classes. Pretty excited, though not sure when I will check it out. Hopefully soon. I have mroe time now that exams are over so will spend more time getting fit anyway.
  1.   0 points
    You're all weaklings.

I'll take you all down /trollface
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    Wow that sounds like a cool gym! Do you know the names of the trainers?

•  
      CommentAuthorScone 
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2011
      0 points
    Stew and Tasha Chambers, Shannon Martin, Angela Bennet and Kesta McLaughlan
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2011
      1 point
    Oh cool yeah I see the website, looks awesome! Man I didn't expect Palmy to have such an apparently good MMA gym. We only just got this one in Wellington recently, before that we didn't have one in the central city.

•  
      CommentAuthortuk-tuk
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011
      0 points
    Slightly off topic, if you guys were to recommend a fighting style to pick up, for someone who wants to be able to drop people when needed and is full on, what would you reccomend and why? Mainly why.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011
      0 points
    Well like I said before I think jiu jitsu is the best way to win fights, but there is no "dropping" guys in jiu jitsu, you break their bones and/or choke them unconscious.
    It's much more effective and reliable than trying to knock someone out. If you knock someone out they can just get back up after they regain consciousness (which happens in seconds usually, not hours like in the movies) and then they can just start fighting you again, but if you break their arm they won't be coming after you anymore.

However if you're really intent on knocking someone out with punches I would say go with boxing. Kickboxers are more well-rounded for a long fight than boxers, but boxers are more capable of knockouts, simply because all they do is train punching instead of all the other things.