Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'] = false; function CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions(&$Role) { $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'); } $Context->AddToDelegate('Role', 'DefineRolePermissions', 'CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions'); ?> Red Skies | Urban Terror | Forum - Anyone know of a decent C compiler for Windblows?
Not signed in (Sign In)

News

2012-12-03
4.2.008 released!
2012-12-01
Red Skies t-shirt
2012-10-28
4.2.004 released!
2012-10-12
4.2.003 released!
2012-10-03
4.2.002 released!
2012-07-30
Auth system
2012-05-29
4.2 News
2012-05-14
Member kicked

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.   0 points
    I've already tried all of the ports of GCC (MinGW etc.) and although they are great for UNIX-like systems they are kind of crappy for compiling C applicaitons for Windows.

Anyone know of one that isn't shit?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2011
      0 points
    I use MinGW with no problems

Runamok: hard to tell if you've hit the crazy dancing guy to be fair
  2.   0 points
    Is Visual C++ Express any good?

I'm looking to get into programming with the Win32 API and I really have no idea where to start.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    No idea. What problems are you having with MinGW? It's very popular and I compile a few different programs with it

3.   0 points
    Right I've installed MinGW. Basically if I open a command prompt and type:

PATH=C:\MinGW\bin;%PATH%

Then I can compile a .c or .cpp source file into an executable just as I would using GCC or G++ on Linux.

Now what do I do? :bigsmile:
  4.   0 points
    I finally got MinGW working properly. I can compile applications without the command prompt opening too.

I have a few questions for you but, hopefully you can enlighten me :tongue:

If I were to compile an application with this, would I be able to run it on any Windows computer or would that computer need any particular libraries installed on it beforehand?

Also, where can I learn more about programming for Windows? Can you recommend some good books/tutorials that I should read?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    Cool, glad you got it working.
    The libraries question depends how you compile your libraries, just like Linux you can choose to do static compilation or shared or both. Either way they won't need anything to be installed, but if libraries aren't compiled statically you will usually need to provide the DLL in the same folder as your executable.
    I'm not sure about any resources for learning programming for Windows, I've learned almost everything I know by dissecting code from programs I use. So I guess just look for a C program you like on SourceForge or Google Code and checkout the repository and dive in if you're like me, or if you like tutorials better I'm sure there are great ones out there

5.   0 points
    I know a few programs which I'll have a look at later.

I'm still not sure whether I should be looking into C or C++. Is it a matter of choice or is one better suited for using with the windows API?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2011
      0 points
    Just a matter of choice I think. C++ is a more "modern" language as in it takes less lines of code to do something than C does. That's not necessarily a good thing though when you consider that it can mean C is more readable to people who haven't studied languages heaps, meaning it's potentially more accessible in an open source environment.
    So yeah it's just a matter of choice. There's a bit of a comparison here

6.   0 points
    I see.

Thanks for your help btw :cool: