Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'] = false; function CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions(&$Role) { $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'); } $Context->AddToDelegate('Role', 'DefineRolePermissions', 'CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions'); ?> Red Skies | Urban Terror | Forum - Dwarf Fortress
Not signed in (Sign In)

News

2012-12-03
4.2.008 released!
2012-12-01
Red Skies t-shirt
2012-10-28
4.2.004 released!
2012-10-12
4.2.003 released!
2012-10-03
4.2.002 released!
2012-07-30
Auth system
2012-05-29
4.2 News
2012-05-14
Member kicked

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.   0 points
    I started playing Dwarf Fortress today.
    Apparently it's the hardest game in the world to learn how to play.

I still don't understand what the game is about. I think it's a cross of Minecraft and Warcraft, but made in a 2D grid with ASCII letters, or something.

Has anyone else heard of it/ plays it?

Shows us your fortresses :bigsmile:

*Awaits for No1Cares*
    •  
      CommentAuthorRocket 
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2011
      0 points
    Yea I've heard of it. A few of my mates play it. It's a definite hardcore nerd game lol. And I think it appeals more to programmers than other gamers. Still, it does have some pretty cool things in it from the sounds of things.

SubJunk - Rocket teh ninja
  2.   0 points
    It definitely is a nerd/programmer game. Nobody else would have the patience to learn it.

Good news but, after 30 minutes of failing, I finally worked out how to order a dwarf to dig into a wall!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuclearAge 
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2011
      0 points
    i play it a little when im bored (and im not a nerd/programmer)

youtube has lots of drawf fortress tutorials or you can find some text based ones like i did to get started on the basic stuff.
  3.   0 points
    I found a really good tutorial for a previous version, except all tutorials become useless when a new update comes out and changes the UI, so I'm kinda stuck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuclearAge 
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2011
      0 points
    i has copy of old version if you want it?
  4.   0 points
    There's old versions on the downloads page of the site (I didn't download it, it was on a DVD).

It also has the source code, I'm going to compile and install that later instead of running the Windows binaries in Wine.

The only thing is, I can't place a farm thingo inside my cave like the tutorial says. In the tutorial, the cave he dug out is just brown squares, mine is just coloured circles that get carried off to a stockpile and are replaced with green commas. Apparently there is not enough clay/water in my cave. Fancy that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuclearAge 
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2011
      0 points
    you need to flood the passage before you can place farming patches.

to do this you need to tap into a river or pond useing a series of flood gates and levers.

note: only release enough water to get the depth to around like 3/7, if it reaches 7/7 it will take forever to evaperate.
    •  
      CommentAuthortuk-tuk
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2011
      0 points
    This game sounds pretty good, it needs someone to help pass the tutorial! :D
  5.   0 points
    I agree, a tutorial would be very nice.