Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'] = false; function CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions(&$Role) { $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'); } $Context->AddToDelegate('Role', 'DefineRolePermissions', 'CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions'); ?> Red Skies | Urban Terror | Forum - Evolution Caught in the Act
Not signed in (Sign In)

News

2012-12-03
4.2.008 released!
2012-12-01
Red Skies t-shirt
2012-10-28
4.2.004 released!
2012-10-12
4.2.003 released!
2012-10-03
4.2.002 released!
2012-07-30
Auth system
2012-05-29
4.2 News
2012-05-14
Member kicked

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorb0n3z 
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2010
      0 points
    this will make you laugh, i found a site that is trying to say Neanderthals WERE human. fkn christians, so stupid
    http://www.creationtips.com/neanderthal.html

Marchic: If a thread doesn't get hijacked it's just not Red Skies... BOOBIES FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    I didn't jump to any conclusions, that's why I ask the clarifying questions.

You mentioned to me the other day on Xfire that a quote from your father that influenced you with regards to religion was something like "if you found a watch on the floor you wouldn't assume it had all randomly assembled itself, so why would man be any different" so that led me to believe you would deny evolution.
    Are you instead of the opinion that god created us via evolution? Or do you make the distinction between evolution and abiogenesis? Or what?

Runamok: hard to tell if you've hit the crazy dancing guy to be fair
    •  
      CommentAuthorb0n3z 
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2010 edited
      0 points
    i believe god created matter, and gives us a push every now and again, i do NOT believe in the crapola of adam and eve. so i guess to put it the wqay you do, i believe in evolution from an abiogenisis point of view. Amino acids dont just spring up out of nowhere, i just believe some things cannot be explained. not yet anyway

Marchic: If a thread doesn't get hijacked it's just not Red Skies... BOOBIES FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    I don't see the connection between the statements "some things have yet to be explained" and "I believe in a creator that gives us a push every now and again".
    Where does the notion of a creator come from for you?

•  
      CommentAuthorb0n3z 
      0 points
    the way i see it, until we can somehow travel back to the time of these things, they cannot truly be explained. I might not be the shrpest tool in the shed, and i dont pretend to comprehend things i dont. Im not going to try and come up with a scientific explanation for how an amino acid can be compiled (which is like hitting the jackpot on a slot machine with 36 slots) without some kind of outside influence. I think we must have had some help along the way, i just dont see it as feasible that over millions of years, we have become what we are, without some form of help. We cannot explain evolution yet, we dont fully understand it. Im not saying it doesnt occur, im saying it's not something that is completely understood. To fully explain something, one must have absolute knowledge (or at least secondhand knowledge) of what has, or probably, has taken place.

•  
      CommentAuthorb0n3z 
      0 points
    from my father to answer the last q, he has a way of portraying things, without being a preacher, he sits in the middle of the ground, and has an opinion of both a creator, and none, and i chose to believe there has to be something out there, something bigger than us, that helps us along the way sometimes.

•  
      CommentAuthorb0n3z 
      0 points
    2 other books on evolution you may be interested in

A short history of nearly everything - Bill Bryson

The Ice Age - Björn Kurtén

•  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    b0n3z:the way i see it, until we can somehow travel back to the time of these things, they cannot truly be explained. I might not be the shrpest tool in the shed, and i dont pretend to comprehend things i dont. Im not going to try and come up with a scientific explanation for how an amino acid can be compiled (which is like hitting the jackpot on a slot machine with 36 slots)
    Actually amino acids have assembled themselves in labs plenty of times, it's a simple experiment. The whole slot machine thing is just something someone said once that stuck in people's minds; a meaningless meme.

b0n3z:I think we must have had some help along the way
    That statement isn't consistent with itself, though. You're saying that only consciousness can create consciousness but that creates an infinite loop of questions; who created our creator? who created our creator's creator? who created our creator's creator's creator? and it never ends.
    If you then assert that at some point along the line of creators one had always existed, then you've invalidated the initial statement that only consciousness can create consciousness.

It's one thing to believe, as I do, that a lot remains to be explained in the universe. It's a huge jump from there to believe in something like a creator, or anything specific.
    Isn't it more honest to wait until there are answers to questions instead of just guessing?

•  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    b0n3z:2 other books on evolution you may be interested in
    A short history of nearly everything - Bill Bryson
    The Ice Age - Björn Kurtén
    Thanks for the recommendations. I often recommend the Bill Bryson book to people who are just starting to think about these types of things. Books like that are very entertaining and ignite the imagination, however they don't actually teach much, and are notorious for being filled with mistakes (that book included). In order to really learn, one has to study journal articles (or at least read conclusions of them), then you avoid the dramatisation and bias of books.
    Good journals avoid exaggeration, emotional language, etc. and instead just report the findings. Of course it makes them not so exciting to read, but it also makes them more honest.

•  
      CommentAuthorb0n3z 
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2010 edited
      0 points
    a great point, and you have just totally destroyed mine (asshole) as i said, im not exactly completely learned in these areas, i only have what i have learnt, or have read.
    I have never actually considered the paradox of consciousness creating consciousness, its definitely something to consider.

Perhaps we are a petri dish experiment for some form of alien race? (kinda like the whole marble thing from MIB) Or perhaps we are all living in a VR simulation (matrix) or maybe we are doomed to have an "afterlife" to which we truly believe in (Discworld - Terry Pratchett)

We all have our own opinions and beliefs, and none can truly out rank another (unless you are a pompous asshole and think you know everything, not saying YOU are, but there are such people alive)

And with acids assembling themselves in experiments, isnt it a controlled environment? Is it truly accurate without having the EXACT conditions of the original primordial soup? It was to my understanding, that even such a small thing as 0.5 of a Centigrade degree in temperature can have amazing catalyst qualities to such acids....

Hmmmmm :tongue: