Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'] = false; function CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions(&$Role) { $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'); } $Context->AddToDelegate('Role', 'DefineRolePermissions', 'CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions'); ?> Red Skies | Urban Terror | Forum - Mr.Banana Curved Speed
Not signed in (Sign In)

News

2012-12-03
4.2.008 released!
2012-12-01
Red Skies t-shirt
2012-10-28
4.2.004 released!
2012-10-12
4.2.003 released!
2012-10-03
4.2.002 released!
2012-07-30
Auth system
2012-05-29
4.2 News
2012-05-14
Member kicked

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLucifer 
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2009
      0 points
    ifly:I finished Icy Sequels. Considered to be one of the hardest and longest icy map.

I finished Dontgetwet considered one of the hardest jump maps. I now automatically win whatever argument i was in by showing how awesome i am.
    •  
      CommentAuthorifly 
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2009
      0 points
    Not this argument ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRocket 
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009
      0 points
    SubJunk:I don't think it would have required a two part movie. 80% of the movie was spent on making the audience go "oo pretty", they could have kept the masses sufficiently happy while still having more storyline.
    The new Star Trek movie is a perfect example, it follows basically the same sequence of events that Avatar does but it has some nice plot twists to keep it from being entirely predictable. You could predict what would happen in Avatar after the first 20 mins.
    Again, I'm not saying Avatar is a bad movie, I liked it and I would watch it again, but I just think it could have been more interesting
    Perhaps. But then you miss out on some of the oooh factor :wink: and there was definitely something to ooh about, you gotta admit that :bigsmile:
    So basically you either make it a two part movie (which would have been awesome, even just one that had a break in the middle where you could go and get refreshed before the second half), or as you say, take out some of the oooh. I vote for longer movie cus I liked the ooooh :tongue:
    It did get a bit predictable I agree. I think that movie would've made a good book actually. Or was it based on a book?

SubJunk - Rocket teh ninja
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    There was too much oo factor for me, I would have gone "ooo" much more if it were in a deeper context, but as it was I was just sitting there going "oh come on do we really need another scene whose sole purpose is to make the audience forget there's no story". Nope it's not a book, how could it be? I guess it could be a small paperback, but it doesn't have enough content to be a full book.
    Anyways I know most people won't share my opinions, I've just seen too many movies exactly like that. If I had only seen a few Hollywood blockbusters I might think it was really awesome but after seeing hundreds of movies that follow that exact formula just wrapped in a different premise, I can't get into it

Runamok: hard to tell if you've hit the crazy dancing guy to be fair
    •  
      CommentAuthorElScorcho 
      0 points
    haven't seen it yet but James Cameron has made his name from making a shit script look better than it is through visual effects and creating atmosphere and emotion through that. eg Titanic (booo) even aliens and abyss were pretty light on story depth really but he Made them good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    True Lies FTW

•  
      CommentAuthorRocket 
      0 points
    SubJunk:There was too much oo factor for me, I would have gone "ooo" much more if it were in a deeper context, but as it was I was just sitting there going "oh come on do we really need another scene whose sole purpose is to make the audience forget there's no story". Nope it's not a book, how could it be? I guess it could be a small paperback, but it doesn't have enough content to be a full book.
    Anyways I know most people won't share my opinions, I've just seen too many movies exactly like that. If I had only seen a few Hollywood blockbusters I might think it was really awesome but after seeing hundreds of movies that follow that exact formula just wrapped in a different premise, I can't get into it
    Ah I see. Mmm, I love sitting back and watching nature go by, which is probably why I enjoyed the ooo factor so much, in comparison to you. I thought that it might have been a book, but poorly transferred to the screen in a similar way to Harry Potter, missing out basically the whole story xD
    I think you would make a good movie critic (That is a compliment btw). You seem to be able to simplify the storyline down by taking out all the visual effects etc etc in your mind and being able to compare it to other movies. I simply can't do that after only watching it once. After 2 or 3 times I could. I watch the movie once, then I actually think about it more when I watch it again. You SEEM to be able to do both at once, which is impressive.
    It actually reminds me slightly of the Halo series books, except the aliens are the good guys. Another thing I found interesting is that a lot of the vegetation seemed to have come right out of a Myst game. Which is probably another reason I enjoyed it so much. Those games make me think so much, and they are so beautiful. Bad graphics (except maybe Uru), but beautiful. The Myst books are even better. You don't get to see the images, but the books are so well written that you don't need images to "see" the surroundings. Those books... I wish there were more of them. I could read them forever. So thought provoking.
    I actually did an essay on thought provoking literature this year. It isn't wonderful, but if you're interested I've attached it in M$ Word 2003 format.

•  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    Cool man I'll have a read. I'm still meaning to read Scorcho's doc too damn I'm so slack.
    I saw a funny video today of a movie critic explaining that Avatar is basically Dances With Wolves, and that James Cameron apparently claims to have had the idea for Avatar soon after Dances With Wolves was released. Pretty shocking. He always said the reason why he waited 10+ years to make the movie was for CGI technology to catch up, but perhaps another reason was so that Dances With Wolves wouldn't be in as many people's minds.
    Thanks for the compliment, I think I could be a film critic as well, but I wouldn't want to be.
    When you analyse a truly great film (by which I mean a film you will still seriously recommend 10 years from now when someone asks "what are the best movies you've ever seen?") it makes you enjoy it more intensely and deeply, but the problem is that 99% of films (or maybe more) aren't truly great, and analysis makes you enjoy them less than if you were just passively watching. Being a critic would be horrible because it would stop you from enjoying the average-good movies most people (including me) enjoy.

•  
      CommentAuthorElScorcho 
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009 edited
      0 points
    you're a bum Sub, when was the last time you updated the config... or made me breakfast? :wink:
    sounds interesting Rocket. if i was to do the same papers again i would do a far better job now then what's there but whatev, got the marks i wanted woo yeah
    when i started studying music was around alot of music academics/failed muso's which kinda ruined the enjoyment of it for me so i would recommend not being a critic on stuff you love from my experience
    •  
      CommentAuthorRocket 
      0 points
    Haha, don't worry too much about reading mine. It's just there for if you felt like reading it. Nothing fabulous. I think most films these days probably come around by getting ideas from other films to be honest. The imagination just isn't there anymore.