Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'] = false; function CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions(&$Role) { $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'); } $Context->AddToDelegate('Role', 'DefineRolePermissions', 'CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions'); ?> Red Skies | Urban Terror | Forum - Movies
Not signed in (Sign In)

News

2012-12-03
4.2.008 released!
2012-12-01
Red Skies t-shirt
2012-10-28
4.2.004 released!
2012-10-12
4.2.003 released!
2012-10-03
4.2.002 released!
2012-07-30
Auth system
2012-05-29
4.2 News
2012-05-14
Member kicked

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLucifer 
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2009
      0 points
    Marchic:Hott Fuzz!!!!!!!!!!!

America can't make movies like that. British comedy > American comedy.

Omg yes!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorwanderlust
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2009
      0 points
    Marchic:...British comedy > American comedy.

so true...

For films it's all about bladerunner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMedic 
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2009 edited
      0 points
    Marchic:...British comedy > American comedy.

This is so very true - you gotta hand it to the pommies - they know how to make a good movie :wink:
    The Americans, they know how to do great soap operas, but they should leave comedy to the pros...
    I don't know if tv series are allowed, but Joss Whedon's Firefly is certainly the best sci-fi series I've ever seen, and probably the best soap overall. The characters are drawn masterfully, with much development throughout the series, and while the mood is often overshadowed with dark tones, the humor and wit of the soap relieves the tension perfectly. Rather than being a chrome-plated technological super-era, the future the series is set in offers quite a lot of life as we know it, with just enough tech for a bit of sparkle. It's intelligent, witty and involving, and well worth watching.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCenzored
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2009
      0 points
    While it doesn't at all count as a movie-I just thought everyone should have a browse through these videos-Just click Farts or w/e and you're away on a playlist of fucking funny acts...some suck i must admit but thats about....1/15 they show.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RooftopComedy Once loaded, choose from News Pop Comedy, Farts etc, WTF? and hooking up.
    Persoanlly i would recommend WTF? and Hooking up as the best ones! Have a nice time sorting out the stomach pains for your laughs!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRocket 
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2009
      0 points
    Well this isn't a great movie, in fact it is a horrible movie, but I'm going to post why it is horrible in here anyway.
    City of Ember is its name. Why is it horrible? 2 reasons:
    1. The acting is horrid for the most part
    2. The story is never explained and there are more loose ends than answers at the end. It isn't even a satisfying ending, it's like, they walk out of the caves below (The city is in a giant cavern [like D'ni if anybody ever read Myst]), it's dark so they think it is all a lie and the world above is always dark, then they go to sleep, then wake up and the sun is climbing at up 10x speed (which is rediculous) and they go, hmm, ok we have light..that's nice, lets drop a stone down a hole and hope the people below find it... then it ends. I mean, do the people even get out? Aren't the characters that got out and dropped the stone even excited? But I'm getting ahead of myself here. Nearer to the start some random dude appears after trying to escape the city and he gets arrested and he drops an enormous beetle horn. One of the main characters picks it up, then she takes it to the other main character who keeps it and asks his dad how they got so big and the movie makes a huge point of how big the bugs are and how important these giant bugs are (cus there are giant moths too) then you get to the end and you never find out why the bugs were so important (except maybe for the fact that a moth got in from a hole above, but then, shouldn't they have figured there was a hole earlier because they still had fresh air???) and how they got so big. And then there is a giant mole that is literally bigger than a van, yet manages to run through tunnels that are barely big enough for two people to walk side by side. We never find out how the mole got in, how it got so big, why there is only one, and then at the end, it is strategically placed in a room that was securely locked with no way of getting in (So god knows how the mole got in) except for a small door like that of a submarine with the handle that you unwind, and he eats the bad guy. We never find out why they are living in an underground city either.

SubJunk - Rocket teh ninja
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMedic 
      0 points
    If you were more disparaging and added some more obsenities to your language you'd make a great movie critic :wink:
    •  
      CommentAuthorRocket 
      0 points
    Rofl. Not really. This is the only movie I have gotten annoyed enough at to rant about.

SubJunk - Rocket teh ninja
    •  
      CommentAuthorElScorcho 
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2009 edited
      0 points
    Unleashed is also called Danny the Dog i think, pretty rad :smile: one of my favourite Jet Lee movies and definitely my fav of his Western made movies. compelling story made it for me.

Taken - f'in awesome fighting. about a girl who gets kidnapped in europe for prostitution and whose dad is ex... spy dude? starts off slowly but then Liam Neesam just crushes everyone. the story is pretty lame really but very very good direction pulls this film off in a Big way. very powerful devastating figh scenes where the guy really fucks people up in a hurry. LOVE IT, nothing else is nearly as good!!

Ip Man - no its not a typo; kinda bio story of Bruce Lee's master in China, Brilliant. Its very much like a classic chinese kung fu movie (Once upon a time in China, The Young Master etc) but is modern, well written and executed. Fairly standard but very nicely finished, good pace and truly exceptional and evocative fight scenes throughout as you would expect.

The Killer 1989 - Director Jon Woo, and stars Chow Yun Fat, unbelievable. this is a fantastic example of why Jon Woo can be good and this movie is without question imao the best directed action movie of all time. the structure of action sequences and the way the camera angles are worked into that structure was ground breaking at the time and is real art in terms of excellent direction.

Hero, Crouching Tiger and House of Flying Daggers is pretty cool for quality of production and really are the best examples of everything traditional Chinese cinema has always aspired to and all are very well written stories. Hero has the best of all elements, action, story whereas Tiger and DAggers fall on the story and action sides of that divide respectively.

Miyazaki's stuff [Studio Ghibli] (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa, Howls Moving Castle etc) are the best cartoon/anime movies that will probably ever be made. Every part of every frame is hand drawn which makes them exceptionally beautiful but what has probably made his work truly noteworthy are the brilliant storylines and strongly delivered messages. Each is magical and entrancing like many live action movies FAIL to do so poorly and are all works of great love and passion by the creators and artists which you literally can feel.

Deliverance :bigsmile: shouldn't need to say much. Without question one of the most definitive movies of Hollywood. it is very much a turning point for Holly wood i think in terms of the social material they can broach, how shocking cinema can be and still be immensely popular. but regardless it is a true classic and brings together reasonable acting, some of the individuals best work at least, and OUTSTANDING story and direction. quite intriguiing and amazing quality production especially considering its era.

Serenity - Firefly movie

Natural Born Killers :cool: Came out a little before Pulp Fiction and was somewhat of a catalyst for a very retro trend of bizarre drug fuelled, action packed, weird visual effects. Follows the story of an alternate Bonnie and Clyde type couple who are serial killers and is very compelling. again this was a triumph of good direction i think and well worth a look. Very much one of a kind and original in many ways despite others attempts to copy it. the mix of a very interesting storyline and the use of visual effects in portraying the characters state of mind makes this one an important watch for me., "patonga, patonga, patonga!"

and City of Ember is properly shit :wink:
    •  
      CommentAuthorRuby 
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2009
      0 points
    PuPPeT:oh another very good movie is death at a funeral.

its just one of those movies where everything goes wrong.

LOL

LOLWUT

i would honestly rather die then watch that move again.

You sure your straight?
    •  
      CommentAuthorElScorcho 
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009
      0 points
    yeah not super sold on death at a funeral. had one or two pretty funny moments but really didn't sell it for me. cant quite put my finger on it... a few Girls i know loved it though :wink:
    p.s. i'm not saying my briefings were any good but at least i made an effort to say Something significant aboot them