Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'] = false; function CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions(&$Role) { $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'); } $Context->AddToDelegate('Role', 'DefineRolePermissions', 'CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions'); ?> Red Skies | Urban Terror | Forum - Seeking a favour...
Not signed in (Sign In)

News

2012-12-03
4.2.008 released!
2012-12-01
Red Skies t-shirt
2012-10-28
4.2.004 released!
2012-10-12
4.2.003 released!
2012-10-03
4.2.002 released!
2012-07-30
Auth system
2012-05-29
4.2 News
2012-05-14
Member kicked

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthor+PaRaDOX
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2011 edited
      0 points
    The reason i've decided to post this thread here is three fold, 1) I prefer RS over most the other clans (don't worry, im not applying) and 2) I get the impression that the maturity level is a wee-bit higher here than at some of the other community boards and 3) I'm aware some of you are in IT which is essentially why i'm here.

Much of what I proposed over at the ex forums, i've alread developed or am close to finishing. I don't however have access to any webspace; preferrably with ftp so I can upload xyz.

Is there's anyone here that can perhaps help me out with that problem (subjunk perhaps)? http://paradox.redskiesguild.com would be ideal. If this project failed to find it's legs and doesn't come to fruition you can just delete it... and in the event it does, we can perhaps make RSG its permanent home. Would definately filter some community traffic to RSG, win-win.

I understand that this is quite a big ask from a relative outsider, and you would be taking a leap of faith. The way I look at it, good begets good!

Anyway, let me know your thoughts. If you have any technical questions, feel free to ask me and i'll do my best to answer them.

NB: I'm also looking for someone proficient with PHP/MYSQL that could possibly help me out with some basic scripting.

Cheers, DOX
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2011
      0 points
    Sure, that's fine

Runamok: hard to tell if you've hit the crazy dancing guy to be fair
  1.   0 points
    I'm liking the idea of your anti urban terror cheat thingo. I would never use it though.
    Tell me more! What language is it programmed in?
    •  
      CommentAuthor+PaRaDOX
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2011
      0 points
    The client-end solution will be entirely written in in cpp with plenty of inline asm, with the web stuff in php.

So far there will be a three tier group system. General (Non-member), Member and Admin tiers.

General permits access to only basic player information (Time and date, PlayerName (in-game), Server (ip:port), MemoryStatus (brief memory overview, mapped dll's etc) and brief AdminComments for session (if any).

Member group offers everything that general membership provides however with some notable additions. Access to the players /bindlist data (with rcon data obscured), more ellaborate memory information, URT directory information (with filenames) and screenshots (if applicable). Access to this group requires that the user download and install the diagnostic, the intention of the extra resources is too act as an incentive for players to download and install.

Finally the Admin group which is for server owners, operators and admins. The information accessable with admin credential is sensitive in nature. I will manually enable credentials for users that qualify for this group. All currently active AGS and GON server admins will be eligible. Some of the information recorded includes IP, GUID, ProductID's, VolumeLabels (for improved player monitoring) and more detailed analysis and reports of memory and file information.

At the termination of the Urt exectuable, all information will be uploaded as appropriate to avoid in-game lagging.

You might be reading this thinking, well knowing this information is handy but does it really help us to identify the presence of hacks or whether xyz is using hacks, in response, there will also be measures in place that can detect and inform of when modications to the graphics drivers and other modules (user32!dll, etc.), the game code itself (either in file or in memory) have been made.

Peace, DOX.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChickenPotato 
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2011 edited
      0 points
    Sounds like a good idea. Very obtrusive though.
    And how about for people that don't use Windoze?
    •  
      CommentAuthor+PaRaDOX
      0 points
    I'm glad you brought up the topic of obtrusiveness and privacy. What exactly do you object to in terms of obtrusiveness? Harvesting serial information, volume labels, etc.? I'm trying to make this as privacy friendly as possible.So yf you have any objections to anything I have said do let me know and i'll do my best to come up with work arounds.

Bare in mind, most anti-cheats (warden for examples) glean a LOT more obtrusive and sensitive data than I have proposed, and mostly without your knowing and even embedd themselves as deep as kernel level. Excessive.

Unfortunately, this will be windows only. Unless someone with the right know how is willing to help me port it across. We'll see.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRunamok 
      0 points
    sounds interesting, it will be good to see where you can take it.

doesn't sound any more obtrusive than UAC is though...

@CP the whole idea behind using an anti-cheat is to encourage everyone to use it
    ------------------------------------------------
    Lucifer: TOO MUCH NICE STUFF IN ONE POST FxCK YOU ALL
    SubJunk: who the hell is Rocket?
  2.   0 points
    Oh, but there's a difference.

Let's take VAC for example (Valve anti-cheat). The information it uploads goes it Steam. I trust Steam, because it's a pretty huge company.

Your anti cheat, however, will upload information that can be viewed by whoever you want. And I do not approve of randoms over the internet seeing data like that. Along with me not trusting a large majority of them, they have no business looking through stuff like that.

Just my $0.02.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRunamok 
      0 points
    I would suggest maybe another tier and have the most sensitive data only available to the most trusted admins. I don't think all of the AGS admins need to see everything, but that's just my opinion.. I don't like some of the other admins.. haha

The GON admins can't do anything about data that hasn't been collected from a GON server, as well.. weird rule but, it's the way it is..

@dox, if the idea works and works well, it'll be supported by the most of the community.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Lucifer: TOO MUCH NICE STUFF IN ONE POST FxCK YOU ALL
    SubJunk: who the hell is Rocket?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    IMO there's nothing about that data that is sensitive. Sounds good to me.

Runamok: hard to tell if you've hit the crazy dancing guy to be fair