Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'] = false; function CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions(&$Role) { $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'); } $Context->AddToDelegate('Role', 'DefineRolePermissions', 'CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions'); ?> Red Skies | Urban Terror | Forum - Python
Not signed in (Sign In)

News

2012-12-03
4.2.008 released!
2012-12-01
Red Skies t-shirt
2012-10-28
4.2.004 released!
2012-10-12
4.2.003 released!
2012-10-03
4.2.002 released!
2012-07-30
Auth system
2012-05-29
4.2 News
2012-05-14
Member kicked

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.   0 points
    SubJunk:Based on this and past conversations I don't think you have a great grasp on logic.

Also, saying something is "generally accepted" may be persuasive to some but you have to do better than that with people who actually use their brains.

I do not understood.
    I said that X is better than Y because it's faster.
    But you said that X is shit because Z is faster than X and Y.

I will use your logic.

HEY EVERYONE, DON'T BUY A FERRARI BECAUSE A SPACESHIP IS FASTER!

Also, I said "generally accepted" because not everyone agrees with me.

I should probably stop talking now.
    •  
      CommentAuthor+PaRaDOX
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2011
      1 point
    SubJunk:I mean efficient as a language, not in terms of speed. Using your above logic we should all write in assembly.

I develop many applications entirely in x86 and can confidently support this claim, it is without peer when it comes to speed and size. Having said that, many modern cpp compilers have sophisticated optimisations (loop control and stack management) whereby speed is as equal as it once was on solely asm dev'd apps.

I'm a recent convert from perl to python, I recognise perl as a fantasticly powerful language, but where projects exceed hundreds of lines it does become increasingly more difficult to manage. Enter python, its readability, maintainability and modifiability couple with an extensive array of powerful libraries. One word - Win.
    •  
      CommentAuthortuk-tuk
      1 point
    One word - Smashed
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    lolol

Runamok: hard to tell if you've hit the crazy dancing guy to be fair
    •  
      CommentAuthorRuby 
      0 points
    i agree
    •  
      CommentAuthorMoo 
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011
      0 points
    python as in the snake, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011
      0 points
    Moo:python as in the snake, right?
    yip

•  
      CommentAuthorwanderlust
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2011
      0 points
    I have to learn python at work.

What's the easiest way to go about it?

Keep in mind I'm a lazy bastard.

<3 wanderlust
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2011
      0 points
    Well everyone learns in their own way but I learn best by looking at an existing program's source. So have a look on SourceForge or Google Code for Python projects, check them out and go through them.
    Or if you're someone who learns best with tutorials there are loads of good, free ones online, like the official one here

2.   0 points
    I think that learning from existing source or video tutorials are bad. Personally, I believe that there is a difference between knowing how to program, and understanding how to program. I know people that can make some pretty awesome stuff that they have learnt from looking at source/videos, but they know three fifths of five eighths of stuff all about what their program is actually doing.

TL;DR find a tutorial for extra win.