Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'] = false; function CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions(&$Role) { $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'); } $Context->AddToDelegate('Role', 'DefineRolePermissions', 'CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions'); ?> Red Skies | Urban Terror | Forum - The Triple-Twenty Rule
Not signed in (Sign In)

News

2012-12-03
4.2.008 released!
2012-12-01
Red Skies t-shirt
2012-10-28
4.2.004 released!
2012-10-12
4.2.003 released!
2012-10-03
4.2.002 released!
2012-07-30
Auth system
2012-05-29
4.2 News
2012-05-14
Member kicked

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2011
      0 points
    I've been researching about eyestrain lately, optimising my desk and actions for it.
    There's this cool guideline called the Triple-Twenty rule, which goes like this:

Every 20 minutes, you should focus on an object or objects farther than 20 feet (about 6m) away for at least 20 seconds.

Sometimes people's eyesight is perfect but it seems like it isn't, and that's often because they spend a lot of time focusing on things that are right in front of them (like a computer screen) so their eyes get so used to it that when it comes time to see things farther away, the muscles can't work well enough to focus.
    So this exercise can improve your eyesight and eyestrain.

Another good tip I found is to calibrate your monitor brightness. Most monitors by default are too bright.
    The test for this is:

Put a piece of plain white paper on your desk, near your monitor and then make the monitor mostly white (load a blank webpage and push F11) and then adjust the brightness until the white on the screen is similar to the paper.

I've been doing these things for about a week now and already my eyes are so much more relaxed.

Runamok: hard to tell if you've hit the crazy dancing guy to be fair
    •  
      CommentAuthorkhaotik_lord 
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2011 edited
      0 points
    very good mate, i think ill try the triple twenty thing, but my eyes are poo's anyway lol..

eg stigmatisim :neutral:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2011
      0 points
    yeah i have one too, so does pura :tongue: so stop being a fuckin' baby!

1.   0 points
    My eyes are perfect.

ujelly?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2011
      0 points
    mine were too at your age. dw they will deteriorate like everyone else :cool:

•  
      CommentAuthortuk-tuk
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2011
      1 point
    I've heard about this rule, but never knew what it was, cheers :D
    My eyesight is relatively good, if you consider that in year 1 (or junior 1, depending on where you went) I tripped and impaled myself on a desk corner.
    Basically, if you put your finger in the little gap between your right eye and the right side of the eyesocket, that's where I cut... it literally cut my eye muscle in half :tongue:
    Why is this relevant? I had to wear an eyepatch for a year, which made my vision completely ruined in one eye.
    /end ramble
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    sounds rough mate! i have a similar story though it's not as bad as yours and not half as cool :tongue:
    i was cleaning up a back yard and there was this old vine over a gazebo and i stupidly didn't wear goggles, so i start pulling it down and it dumps a bunch of tiny twigs and leaves and other stuff onto me and one of them cut my cornea. i only had to wear an eyepatch for a couple of weeks though i think, can't remember exactly but it wasn't a year so you win :tongue:
    but yeah my vision was great until then :sad:

•  
      CommentAuthorRocket 
      0 points
    My story is nowhere near as excited as yours guys :P
    My eyes just deteriorated naturally. Too much close work I think.

SubJunk - Rocket teh ninja
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    heh yeah rocket i think mine is natural as well, just a combo of both things. stupid eyes aye!
    my brother-in-law got laser corrective surgery last year, his eyes were absolute rubbish and now they are perfect. same with my ex girlfriend. i'll get it when i can be bothered too :tongue:

•  
      CommentAuthorLucifer 
      1 point
    Did you get lotsa pirate jokes tuk?