Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'] = false; function CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions(&$Role) { $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'); } $Context->AddToDelegate('Role', 'DefineRolePermissions', 'CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions'); ?> Red Skies | Urban Terror | Forum - Meme
Not signed in (Sign In)

News

2012-12-03
4.2.008 released!
2012-12-01
Red Skies t-shirt
2012-10-28
4.2.004 released!
2012-10-12
4.2.003 released!
2012-10-03
4.2.002 released!
2012-07-30
Auth system
2012-05-29
4.2 News
2012-05-14
Member kicked

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011
      0 points
    yeah it is pretty cool how most distros come with programs that cover most functions, just like macs too
    what i meant is that most applications are developed for windows and won't run on 'nix, even when wine supports them they can run much slower than on their native OS.

Runamok: hard to tell if you've hit the crazy dancing guy to be fair
  1.   0 points
    SubJunk:yeah it is pretty cool how most distros come with programs that cover most functions, just like macs too
    what i meant is that most applications are developed for windows and won't run on 'nix, even when wine supports them they can run much slower than on their native OS.

By "programs that cover most functions", I suppose you are talking about package managers. All distros have package managers.

sudo apt-get install unfunny-package-manager-joke

And if a program runs slower on Wine than it does on Windblows then you have an incorrectly configured Wine, because Wine is not an emulator like DOSBox or VisualBoy Advanced (sp?*2).
    Wine is actually a compatibility layer, a reimplementation of the Windblows API, therefore as it does no actual emulation it shouldn't run any slower.

If you applications are running slower in Wine, try installing Wine from source and/or messing around with your settings.

And the annoying thing is that it really isn't that hard to make a Windblows program work on *nix.
    The devs really just need to not be lazy, and actually bother to spend the time to do a few slight modifications then recompile their sauce code.

Look at Frozen Sand with Urban Terror, for example. They deserve a cookiez and an internetz.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    your shitty attitude is making me hate linux :wink::cool:

2.   0 points
    Rofl.

You are exactly the 3rd person to tell me exactly that.

I should stop correcting noobs people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLucifer 
      0 points
    SubJunk:your shitty attitude is making me hate you :wink::cool:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    you haven't corrected anything, i didn't say anything wrong. it's just that you jump to assumptions and run with them.
    wine is always a step behind because the development has to play catchup with applications.
    if you read any changelog they are full of application-specific fixes, some of them for crashes but some for warnings which can make applications run slowly or not save properly or any number of things.
    a lot of applications have great wine support but where it typically fails is with recent games, you have to always wait until the next version of wine in order to run them reliably.

i've probably been using 'nix for longer than you've been able to wipe your ass lolol

3.   0 points
    Cool story bro!

Now I don't know if I should be directing that at myself, or at Subjunk.

And I don't have trouble with any Windblows apps on Linsux.

Just yesterday I installed Morrowind and Oblivion, both of which are easy to set up but still have noobs say it dun work.
    And I never have to have a CD/DVD in the drive to play it. I just copy and paste everything off the disc to a clean directory, open winecfg, and tell it that E:\ or F:\ or whatever is located at wherever and that it is a CD drive.

Piece of vanilla crazy cake!

PS: Learn C so you don't have to wait for fixes to be released and you can just modify the sauce yourself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    ChickenPotato:PS: Learn C so you don't have to wait for fixes to be released and you can just modify the sauce yourself.
    yeah i want to do programming every time i want to play a new game lolol

4.   0 points
    Sif.

Most games work flawlessly on Wine.

And my logic doesn't totally fail, I used my 1337 C skillz0rz to halp recompile teh wireless drivers so I could deauth noobs on my neighbours wireless for lulz.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRocket 
      0 points
    CP chose leet speak apparently.
    Anyways, this whole rage fest has basically highlighted why I will be staying with "winblows" :tongue:

SubJunk - Rocket teh ninja