Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'] = false; function CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions(&$Role) { $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'); } $Context->AddToDelegate('Role', 'DefineRolePermissions', 'CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions'); ?> Red Skies | Urban Terror | Forum - A Free Oxford Education
Not signed in (Sign In)

News

2012-12-03
4.2.008 released!
2012-12-01
Red Skies t-shirt
2012-10-28
4.2.004 released!
2012-10-12
4.2.003 released!
2012-10-03
4.2.002 released!
2012-07-30
Auth system
2012-05-29
4.2 News
2012-05-14
Member kicked

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2010
      0 points
    Some of you might already know this, but for those who don't, the world's top universities (Harvard, Oxford, Yale, etc.) are putting most of their lectures online in video and audio formats for free. I've been taking advantage of this for a while now and thought I should give you the opportunity as well.

For those who might question the value of this knowledge in comparison to knowledge from other universities/colleges, consider that a huge percentage of the greatest minds of the last few centuries have attended and taught at these universities.
    It's a common belief that they're just for snobby rich kids, and while there are certainly some of them there too, it's not the case in general.
    Not only do they have some of the best and most well-informed teachers in the world, they also perform a lot of research. So not only are they teaching, they are also developing and discovering new things to teach about to a large degree.

Anyway, I'll post some interesting links in here from time to time. Usually they will be videos of lectures. You can watch them in your own time, after a nice meal, when you're well-rested, etc. which is a great opportunity; it means you are probably absorbing the information even better than the people who are physically in attendance.

Here's my first link, it's General Philosophy, which includes a really cool introduction to the history of philosophy.
    If anyone wants to talk about anything in it I'm obviously interested in that, too :smile:

Runamok: hard to tell if you've hit the crazy dancing guy to be fair
  1.   0 points
    poo he said something about metaphysics.. and then didnt go on about it..... said it was covering it, but where...

this looks interesting... quantum mechanics. hehe
    •  
      CommentAuthorb0n3z 
      0 points
    might have to check it out when i actually have some spare time. work is raping my ass so hard, i might as well leave a 12" dildo in there 24/7

Marchic: If a thread doesn't get hijacked it's just not Red Skies... BOOBIES FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
  2.   0 points
    sounds uncomfortable...

yea im checking out the quantium mechanics one atm, well when i get back to my office... gota add a printer on a laptop
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    khaotik_lord:poo he said something about metaphysics.. and then didnt go on about it..... said it was covering it, but where...
    Yeah metaphysics is something that is discussed. I could probably find you some good videos about metaphysics specifically if that's what you're interested in. Regardless though, this video series includes a great history of philosophy that will be useful to know for any philosophical field including metaphysics.

b0n3z:might have to check it out when i actually have some spare time.
    Sweet, and when you do, start buzzy conversations :smile:

3.   0 points
    yus i is interested in metaphysics :p but quantium mechanics sounds wicked stuff.. both are dam exciting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    Hehe and both very different, that's awesome.
    Quantum mechanics requires a lot of advanced math, though, while metaphysics is philosophy.
    Metaphysics is a difficult thing to study online because a lot of scammers and bullshitters use the word as well as legitimate thinkers. So when it comes to metaphysics it's very important to look at the source. If it's a video of some man or woman in their house talking about healing energy of crystals or psychic powers, it's not metaphysics, they're selling books or DVDs or something. If it's someone standing in a lecture theater in front of a lot of students and discussing theories in an open way without ever telling you that one is right or wrong (because in metaphysics there is no certainty) then it could be good.
    Anything from Oxford, Harvard, Yale, Stanford, etc. will be reliable.

Stanford has a great YouTube channel with interesting videos on things like the search for life on other planets, evolution, extremophiles, biological immortality/longevity, etc.

Just make sure you don't go around clicking links on YouTube by unknown authors. YouTube is 99% (or more) bullshit, and it can be easy to start watching the bullshit videos and think they are true