Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'] = false; $Context->Configuration['CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'] = false; function CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions(&$Role) { $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MANAGE_COMMUNITY_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_IMMUNE_TO_MODERATION'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_NO_MAXIMUM_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_META_MODERATE'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_UNLIMITED_MODERATION_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_COMMENTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_OWN_DISCUSSIONS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_MODERATE_AND_META_MODERATE_SAME_COMMENT'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_RE_MODERATE_USERS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_USER_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_VIEW_OWN_POINTS_HISTORY'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_UP_VOTES'); $Role->AddPermission('CM_PERMISSION_CAN_SEE_DOWN_VOTES'); } $Context->AddToDelegate('Role', 'DefineRolePermissions', 'CM_Role_DefineRolePermissions'); ?> Red Skies | Urban Terror | Forum - 5 mind-blowing ways your memory plays tricks on you
Not signed in (Sign In)

News

2012-12-03
4.2.008 released!
2012-12-01
Red Skies t-shirt
2012-10-28
4.2.004 released!
2012-10-12
4.2.003 released!
2012-10-03
4.2.002 released!
2012-07-30
Auth system
2012-05-29
4.2 News
2012-05-14
Member kicked

Vanilla 1.3.0 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2010
      0 points
    link

This is exactly why all the stories of ghosts, UFOs, alien encounters, angels, demons, all these things are completely unreliable even if they happened to you personally.
    I've personally seen an alien and a demon, on separate occasions, and the memories are as clear as any other in my mind, but those things just didn't happen.

Runamok: hard to tell if you've hit the crazy dancing guy to be fair
    •  
      CommentAuthorb0n3z 
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2010
      0 points
    quite intense really, like, did i really have sex with Crystal Glen the hottie of my high school when i was 14? I remember it vividly (it was my first) but did it really happen?

Marchic: If a thread doesn't get hijacked it's just not Red Skies... BOOBIES FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    If we accept that all reality is subjective then whatever you remember is just as real as what can objectively be proven. Of course that's mostly just theoretical philosophy as opposed to applied philosophy but it's still a funny mindfuck concept.

•  
      CommentAuthorb0n3z 
      0 points
    u no what is a funny concept? the earth really is flat, and its just the satellites / telescopes (etc) that take warped pictures.

Marchic: If a thread doesn't get hijacked it's just not Red Skies... BOOBIES FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRocket 
      0 points
    b0n3z:u no what is a funny concept? the earth really is flat, and its just the satellites / telescopes (etc) that take warped pictures.
    This made me lol.

SubJunk - Rocket teh ninja
    •  
      CommentAuthorRocket 
      0 points
    Awesome article. Almost as good as the visual perception one. :smile:

SubJunk - Rocket teh ninja
    •  
      CommentAuthorflyingshoe 
      0 points
    you guys heard about the pyramids used as power plants with hydrogen a nd microwaves etc. saw a doco on sky and its damn interesting. Also went into punapunka
    love ya work........especially your earlier stuff!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorElScorcho 
      0 points
    i do believe there is a physics argument that in the act of 'looking' at stuff we alter the atomic make up of what we see and create reality... sounds just like the sort of crazy shit i would spin if i was a maths/science wizard to fuck with people :p
    •  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    flyingshoe:you guys heard about the pyramids used as power plants with hydrogen a nd microwaves etc. saw a doco on sky and its damn interesting. Also went into punapunka
    erm...

•  
      CommentAuthorSubJunk 
      0 points
    ElScorcho:i do believe there is a physics argument that in the act of 'looking' at stuff we alter the atomic make up of what we see and create reality... sounds just like the sort of crazy shit i would spin if i was a maths/science wizard to fuck with people :p
    Yeah in quantum mechanics some things are completely unintuitive. We can calculate probabilities of events/positions but at the very tiny scales the act of observation is what causes it to either happen or not happen.
    Hard to explain but a lot of people have explained it very well before, you could read up on quantum uncertainty.
    The cool thing is though that our mathematical models completely account for and predict this behaviour. Some people use those types of effects for religious purposes to demonstrate how little we know about reality, but in this particular case we do have math that predicts it all and is verified in every experiment.