Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Tips & Tricks
  • To change quickly between saying something in party and guild just type /p or /g. Very handy
    SubJunk@SubJunkie
    Post edited by SubJunk at 2013-06-02 01:04:45
  • 33 Comments sorted by
  • /G works for guild
    SailorMars
  • Oh yeah fixed it
    SubJunk@SubJunkie
  • press the T button for auto-run.
    (name)@andrastta
  • Just copying over a couple from the other thread:

You can rotate and zoom in on your character in the character window (where you equip stuff), nice little touch
    You can have the NPC voice keep reading the quest dialogue after you walk away, meaning you can grab the quest from them and start moving to the quest location while you hear what they have to say.
    You can pick up coins by just walking over them, making looting much faster. After all, when are you gonna choose to not pick up coins?
    You can push the z key to toggle a visible path to your quest objective, useful if you get lost.

(name)@andrastta
    Post edited by Andate at 2013-06-02 07:55:36
  • Hahaha, that's so awesome.  Totally gonna try that now
    (name)@andrastta
  • Stacking & Unstacking Items

Usually items will stack, saving space in your bank or inventory.

If you have identical stackable items consuming more than one slot, simply click and drag one set onto the other and they will merge the stacks.

If you wish to un-stack them for whatever reason, click on a stack and begin to drag it to another slot. Before releasing the left mouse button, press and hold Control on the keyboard. 

Once you release the mouse button, you will get a dialogue box asking you for a number - this represents how many items from the stack you want to place in the second slot.

If you wish to sell stacked items to a shop, this will allow you to set how many to sell instead of just Sell All. 

Similarly, if you hold Shift instead of Control the game will attempt to halve the stack and place the closest to 1/2 into the new slot.

(This was new to me in Scarlet Blade, I wasn't used to stackable items not always automatically stacking themselves)

Talking about Items

Click & Dragging an item from your inventory and dropping it onto your chat bar will add a 'linked' item name, which others can hover over with their mouse to invoke a dialogue box showing information about that item (eg. Item stats or enhancements).

This acts as proof that you currently have this item.

(Again, this was fairly new to me - Neither Runescape nor Rappelz had this. I never worked out how to do it in Scarlet Blade, though I could see people doing it. I'm sure most modern MMOs have this.)

SailorMars
    Post edited by Tuxedomask at 2013-06-06 04:45:08
  • Also as an extension of "Talking about items", shift+clicking the item works too
    SubJunk@SubJunkie
  • Aha! Did not know that!

Yours is lookin' pretty fine too Sub. Though I personally believe that it needs moar orb! 

|

v

SailorMars
    Post edited by Tuxedomask at 2013-06-06 09:35:50
  • Like the new sig BTW, the orb especially
    SubJunk@SubJunkie
  • The orbs are particularly cool weapons - they'll have to do until (/if) they bring out longbows & shortbows and a new class to use them, at which point I intend to roll a Tuxedomask character - probably on a new perfectworld account, because @awesomedave54 is just ridiculous, I didn't know the handle would be used in-game xD
    SailorMars
  • Yeah it would be cool if they told you before you made the account. Actually they might now because my account is super old
    SubJunk@SubJunkie
  • Hahaha, but @awesomedave54 has got such a great ring to it!
    (name)@andrastta
  • The weird thing is that my handle is actually "subjunk", but in-game it shows up like SubJunkie. I guess it's a really old setting or something. Weird.
    SubJunk@SubJunkie
  • Not even sure why I used @awesomedave54, or which game I was using it for... Or why I felt like it needed numbers.

awesomedave@hotmail.com was my first email address, which my older sister set up for me... Months before I had any use for it, since the net was rare around our town for a good long while. Also, I think it came out as awsomedave because my sister wasn't the top-notch speller I had assumed at the time =p

However I'd ditched that email address long before I would have started using anything from Perfect World, and why I added 54 to it... I guess our first dial-up connection was with Highway54... Still not convinced that's a good enough reason to add 54 to the end xD

SailorMars
  • Yeah the shift click to add items into chat I remember from playing WoW back in the day, I tried alt and ctrl click for preview item, but I guess they don't have that yet.

TIP: Pressing L will bring up the "Home" screen, from which you can click Dailies and turn in or pick up daily quest where ever you are without going back to crocodile head in Protector's Enclave.
    You can also browse and accept foundries from this screen as well under "Catalogue".
  • Sar asked me why my Neverwinter sig said 'LitaKino' - I have no answer for that. It should have been SailorMars this whole time, I'm just crazy. Fixed now.

Web Portal

The web portal at http://gateway.playneverwinter.com is very cool. It lets you use the Auction House and do your Professions tasks, check who's on in your guild and read guild news, Check your character Sheet (current gear/stats), and check or write mail.
    It just runs in your browser - I'm yet to try it on my phone, but it would be very cool if that works.

Particularly useful for keeping your Professions tasks going.
    SailorMars
  • Had 6 people online in Neverwinter today from the Rappelz guild (me, Andi, Sar, Tux, Gav and Disc) it was awesome! Made my night
    SubJunk@SubJunkie
  • Mine too! :D

(name)@andrastta
  • You can fuse enchantments into higher ranked enchantments by right-clicking on them in your inventory. It takes 4 to make 1 of the next rank, and as the ranks increase, the chance of success decreases. A very Rappelz-like system
    SubJunk@SubJunkie